Siemens says it sees no increased level of attacks on industrial control systems
XLI•Siemens says it is in contact with CISA
The German engineering and automation company said it is aware of the CISA advisory and is in close contact with the agency.
It said the advisory warns of hackers using new methods to exploit potential misconfigurations. "These configurations were already described by Siemens last month in a security bulletin," the company said in a statement.
The German group, a major player in factory automation, said it was offering customers cybersecurity support and was helping to prevent misconfiguration of its modules.
Siemens says it has not seen more attacks
MUNICH, Aug 20 (Reuters) - Siemens SIEGn.DE said on Thursday that it had not detected an increase in attacks on its industrial control devices or any previously unknown vulnerabilities after U.S. authorities warned that hackers were targeting them.
Several U.S. government agencies on Wednesday warned that the Siemens control devices, which are used to operate critical infrastructure, were under "active threat".
U.S. warning focused on Siemens S7 controllers
The advisory said all of the company's S7 Series programmable logic controllers were potential targets, impacting sectors including manufacturing, energy, water, chemicals and food.
The warning was issued by a raft of national agencies including the Department of Homeland Security's Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA).
Verbund says Siemens components are not internet-connected
Austrian power producer Verbund VERB.VI said earlier on Thursday that it uses the Siemens components named in the U.S. government warning but has not had any incidents as they are not connected to the internet.




